These wild blueberry cake pops made of crumbled cake and covered in decadent frosting and an array of toppings are out of this world.
- For the Pink Layer
- 1 vanilla cake store-bought
- 1/4 cup Van Dyk’s wild blueberry juice
- 1/4 cup low fat cream cheese
- 2 cups white chocolate melted
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp coloured sprinkles
- 2 tbsp pistachios chopped
- 50 wild blueberries frozen, defrost for garnish
- 50 lollypop sticks
- 1 styrofoam block
- For the Purple Layer
- 3/4 cup wild blueberries frozen
- 1 banana cut into coins, frozen
- 1 tbsp hemp seed hearts
- 3/4 cup coconot milk unsweetened
- Optional Toppings
- wild blueberries frozen
- hemp seed hearts
- Place cake in a blender and pulse until crumb consistency.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of blueberry juice and cream cheese and stir in the cake crumbs until dough forms.
- Form small balls and place in fridge to set.
- Place melted chocolate in a glass. Dip lollypop sticks into melted chocolate, adhere them into the cake balls. Place Cake Pops in Styrofoam then chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar with remaining blueberry juice. Place mixture in a piping bag or plastic freezer bag.
- Place sprinkles and pistachios into two small bowls.
- Remove Cake Pops from fridge and dip each one in melted chocolate. Allow them to drip, then place in Styrofoam block.
- Dip each of the Cake Pops in desired toppings and allow to dry. Cut a hole in the corner of freezer bag with blueberry icing and pipe icing to decorate lollypops.
- Garnish each Cake Pop with one blueberry and enjoy, or place in fridge until serving.
Tip: If you don’t have a styrofoam block, you can use floral foam or drinking glasses.
Energy: 74 cal
Protein: 1 g
Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fiber: 1 g