Tuna Ceviche Bowls are full of delicious tuna, vegetables, and an avocado dressing that wake your mouth up. Healthy and perfect
For the Tuna:
- 8 ounces ahi tuna steaks, cubed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, not from concentrate
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, packed
- zest from half a large lime
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce
- salt, to taste
For the Bowls:
- 1 cucumber, spiralized with the 3mm blade
- 4 cups field greens
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 large fresh tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 large orange, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- lime zest, for garnish
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Combine the tuna with the orange juice, lime juice, and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Place into the refrigerator for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will allow the juices to partially “cook” the tuna.
- In a small food processor (mine is 3 cups) combine the avocado, orange juice, orange zest, lime zest, ginger, rice vinegar, and Sriracha and process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary. Season to taste with salt. Set aside.
- Place the spiralized cucumber onto a large piece of paper towel and press out as much excess moisture as you can. Divide between 2 large bowls.
- Divide the field greens, cilantro, red onion, tomato, orange segments and avocado between the two bowls. Then, divide the refrigerated tuna and the dressing as well.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of lime zest and toasted sesame seeds.