Gray hair, according to new findings, is caused by a massive buildup of hydrogen peroxide due to wear and tear on hair follicles. All hair cells make a small amount of hydrogen peroxide, but as you age, the amount increases. Essentially, bleaching hair pigment from within will reverse gray hair. Natural remedies for gray hair can treat effectively problems such as thinning hair and premature graying.
Home Remedies for Gray Hair:
Flaxseed Oil Mix:
Flaxseed oil is commonly used oil in Ayurveda, and reverse gray hair naturally.
Method of Preparation:
- Put 3 small cloves of garlic and 4 medium sized lemons in a blender and mix.
- After that, add the 7 oz /200 grams of flaxseed oil and 2.2 lbs / 1 kg of honey and mix again.
- Place the mixture in a glass bowl and tightly close it with a lid. Keep this mixture in the refrigerator.
- Consume one tablespoon of the mixture half an hour before meal. Use wooden spoon only.
- It is recommended to consume this mixture three times a day.
Indian Gooseberry or Amla:
Indian gooseberry plays an important role in Ayurveda regarding the hair problems. Amla helps proper and faster hair growth and further prevents your hair from premature graying. Amla helps to revitalize the pigmentation in your hair and cures the gray hair problem.
Onion juice can control or reverse gray hair.
- Take onion juice and apply this on the scalp.
- Massage it gently and let it sit for about 40 – 60 minutes.
- You can also mix a little bit of lemon juice in this onion juice and then apply this on the scalp. Or simply rub the onion piece (that cut into half) on the scalp.
- Reapply this process daily for few weeks till you reverse gray hair naturally.