You no longer need an oven to bake a cake you just need your InstantPot. This recipe requires just under 30 minutes from start to finish. The result? A warm, gooey pudding cake with irresistable flavor combination that is coffee and chocolate.
1. Pour 2 cups water into inner pot of a 6-quart Instant Pot. Place the steam rack in inner pot; position handles upright. Coat a 6-inch round cake pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the sugar, shaking gently to coat bottom and sides of pan.
2. Combine chocolate and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 30 to 45 seconds or until melted.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in a small bowl. Beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form; gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
4. Combine egg yolks and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until thick and pale. Gradually beat in liqueur, espresso granules, and chocolate mixture. Fold beaten egg whites into egg yolk mixture. Gradually sift flour mixture into egg mixture, and fold in gently. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading gently (do not deflate batter). Cover with foil, making sure foil fits tightly around sides and under bottom of pan. Carefully set pan on rack in cooker.
5. Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position. Press [Manual]; select “High Pressure”, and use [-] or [+] to choose 11 minutes pressure cooking time. When time is up, turn cooker off. Open the cooker using Quick Pressure Release (page xxx). Remove pan from cooker using rack handles. Remove foil; cool 10 minutes. Spoon warm cake into bowls, and serve immediately with ice cream.