A manicure or a pedicure is definitely one of the best ways to pamper yourself and to treat yourself. It feels relaxing and helps your hands and feet look so good! But before getting one, here are different types of manicures that you need to know about. There can be nothing more relaxing than getting a manicure, except probably a hair spa. A manicure is more like a spa for your hands. And sometimes, we all need that level of pampering. Because in our hectic lives, we often forget to take care of our hands the way they should be taken care of. That is where a manicure steps in. It may be a little pricey, but isn’t it worth it once in a while? So, here are the types of manicures you must know about before getting one.
1. Basic Manicure: This is the simplest manicure ever. In this, your hands are soaked in warm water and then massaged with some oils. After this a base coat, a main coat and a top coat of polish are applied.
2. French Manicure: This is for people who want to go for a clean and elegant look, while keeping it neutral. It consists of a neutral nude shade as the base, with white tips. This is one of the most popular manicure types these days.
3. American Manicure: These manicures are similar to the French ones, but have a more natural look. Here, the tips are kept more rounded and instead of the white used in French manicures, an off-white or cream shade is used to make it look more natural.
4. Gel Manicure: A gel manicure lasts a lot longer than any other manicure. This would not chip off for at least 3 weeks. Between each coat of polish, your nails are held under the UV light. It is a very glossy nail look.
5. Parrafin Manicure: If you are suffering from really dry hands, then this is the manicure for you. This one infuses your skin with paraffin wax and leaves your skin soft and smooth.
6. Reverse French Manicure: This is exactly what it sounds like. Instead of the tips, the lighter colour is applied near the cuticles with the rest of the nails in a base shade.