Kidney infection is a serious condition that requires proper treatment. Kidney infection happens in case of an infection in urinary bladder. If the bladder infection is left untreated, it spreads to kidneys. Sometimes it affects only one of the kidneys but sometimes it spreads to both the kidneys causing lot of pain and discomfort. If the situation is left untreated it can lead to permanent kidney damage. Women are more prone to kidney infections and hence they should be more careful about any sign of infection.
In case of a kidney infection, the patient should resort to proper medication and a change in diet and lifestyle until the infection subsides. Along with conventional medicines, the patient should also take certain natural remedies that are highly effective in resolving the situation as soon as possible. Mentioned below are a few natural fruits and herbs that are considered effective in treating kidney infections.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid which has certain antibacterial properties that have the potential to cure kidney infections.
- Apple cider vinegar can also be taken for urinary bladder infection in order to prevent the infection from spreading into the kidneys. It also helps in resolving bladder infection and in promoting a speedy recovery.
- Apple cider vinegar has a pH level of 3.0. At this level of pH bacterial growth and multiplication becomes impossible.
- You can take 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with a glass of water. Take this drink twice in a day.
Garlic is a strong natural remedy that has the potential to cure kidney infections.
- Garlic contains an active ingredient called allicin that acts as an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal agent. It is also an antioxidant that cures a wide range of diseases.
- Eating 3 to 4 cloves of raw garlic can resolve kidney infection within a matter of days. Alternatively, you can resort to garlic capsules or supplements.
Turmeric is a potent natural remedy that can resolve kidney infection and speed up the recovery process.
- Turmeric contains an active ingredient known as curcumin which is a strong anti-bacterial agent. Curcumin is also an anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal agent that helps in inhibiting the growth and spread of all kinds of microbes.
- You can either consume pure turmeric powder or mix it with food. Alternatively, you can also take turmeric supplements in the form of capsules.
Patients suffering from kidney infection should be on a restricted diet.
- The diet should be free of sugar or glucose. This is because sugar encourages the development of bacteria. They should avoid food items like cakes, biscuits, chocolates, aerated soft drinks and alcohol.
- Similarly, they should add more probiotics to their diet. Foodstuffs like yogurt, tofu and kefir contain lots of probiotics. This probiotics inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria and promotes the spread of healthy bacteria.
Ginger is a popular herb that has several uses. It is also an effective cure for kidney infections.
- Ginger contains an active ingredient known as gingerols which is an antibacterial agent that inhibits the spread of bacteria within the kidneys.
- For curing a kidney infection you can have ginger tea on a regular basis.
Do you suspect a possible bladder infection that can affect your kidneys too? Are you diagnosed with a kidney infection? Or are you undergoing treatment for a severe kidney infection? Resort to aforementioned herbs that have certain wondrous healing properties. You can take these items along with your on-going medication. Consult your physician to be on the safer side.
My Health Tips