Being burnt out happens. We get to feeling tired and uninspired and just want to curl up into a ball and never want to do anything ever again. We feel like life has no pizazz and everything gets a little mundane.
At times like this, I like to bust out of my bubble and look at the words, teachings, and ideas of others. I selected these 14 quotes for their ability to shake the soul awake and really make you rethink life.
1. “Death is not the biggest fear we have; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive — the risk to be alive and express what we really are.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
2. “The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.” – Field Marshal Ferdinand Foch
3. “The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.” – Steven Furtick
4. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” – Mary Anne Radmacher
5. “You cannot dream yourself into a character: you must hammer and forge yourself into one.” – Henry David Thoreau
6. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
7. “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.” – Elizabeth Gilbert; Eat, Pray, Love
8. “Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars.” – Serbian proverb
9. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman
10. “Death is not the biggest fear we have; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive — the risk to be alive and express what we really are.” – Don Miguel Ruiz“Some people die at 25 and aren’t buried until 75.” – Benjamin Franklin
11. “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
12. “You must give up the life you planned in order to have the life that is waiting for you.” – Joseph Campbell
13. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thingyou think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
14. “Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.” – Henry Van Dyke