Hair care is one area that most women obsess about. Most of us think if we wash our hair regularly, there’s no need to detox hair. But that’s exactly where we are going wrong. Detox is not about removing dirt, but all the chemicals we subject our hair to almost every day. And, you will definitely see the difference and your hair will a lot shiner and silkier after the first detox of your hair.
What’s the process?
Now, before you start you should get rid of all your split ends first. Go to a hair stylist and trim them every 4 to 6 weeks without fail. Also, you must remember to trim your hair regularly once the detox is complete.
Now, for the process there are several items you will need. They are:
- Baking Soda
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Raw Honey
With these products, you can start a simple hair cleaning and natural detox regime. For some time, get rid of all your chemically loaded shampoos and conditioners, and adopt new methods for hair cleansing. Raw honey is used to moisturize and condition your hair.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 cup of filtered water in a bowl
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of filtered water in a second bowl.
- Now first work the baking soda mixture through your hair. Rinse with cool water.
- Follow with apple cider vinegar mixture and rinse with cool water.
- For added shine, use a generous amount of raw honey after the above steps. While your hair is completely wet, massage the raw honey through your hair, let it sit for a few minutes and rinse.
You can follow these steps regularly for a complete detox, and even do it every day for faster results. However, try to avoid any hair styling during the detox process
What about the smell?
It is important to avoid used conventional products during the detox. If you’re worried about the smell that might stay in your hair, here are few simple hacks for it.
You can use essential oils with your favorite scents like jasmine, lavender or peppermint. You can either mix these essential oils with apple cider vinegar or just apply few drops of it on your hair after a wash.
Consuming nutrients like coconut oil and biotin during the detox will result in healthy and strong hair for you.