Deviled eggs are always a delicacy. In this recipe, the addition of bacon bits and smoked paprika adds extra flavor and warmth, making this classic appetizer extra irresistible.
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Appetizer, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Primal
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 large eggs, hardboiled and peeled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, homemade or store bought
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika plus a little more for garnish
- ¼ cup crumbled cooked bacon plus 1 tablespoon for garnish (Wellshire is a good choice if you use store-bought)
- Using a sharp knife, cut each egg in half, lengthwise.
- Gently remove the yolks and place in a medium bowl.
- Arrange the egg white halves on a serving plate.
- Mash the yolks well with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, black pepper and smoked paprika.
- Stir until the yolk mixture is as creamy and smooth as you can get it, then stir in the bacon bits.
- Spoon the mixture onto the egg white halves, or use a spatula to transfer the mixture to a Ziploc bag, snip off the corner and pipe the yolk mixture onto the egg whites.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits and smoked paprika and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 2 deviled eggs (2 filled egg halves); Calories: 169; Fat: 14g;Saturated fat: 3g; Carbohydrates: 0.5g; Sugar: 0.5g; Sodium: 285mg; Fiber: 0g;Protein: 8g
healthy recipes blogs